Key takeaways from Las Vegas
HIMSS18 is over and you’re already getting bombarded with follow-up contacts.
However, if you’re looking for a quick recap of the most salient takeaways that we saw this year, skim on.
And, if you want to discuss how SDLC Partners approaches each of these areas in a pragmatic, strategy-first, execution-focused methodology, contact us.
Three Major Themes from Las Vegas
- Nearly everyone showcased products and services referencing Digital Transformation. But, what does it mean to you and your organization? One size cannot fit all.
- What we hear from clients is that they want to be on the digital journey and they want it to be a key initiative and top business priority. To achieve that, however, they are encountering challenges – including legacy systems (and associated maintenance), as well as legacy/manual processes (and associated training & quality checks).
- We’re running interference for our clients to move them down the road of digital transformation – however we co-create it – with the most valuable technologies, coupled with expertise and a proven track record.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Clearly, AI is on everyone’s minds, yet few know how to adopt it without avoidable rework and risk.
- The discussion around AI wasn’t as ubiquitous as those on digital transformation, but it showed prominently, especially in the breakout topics – including our fireside chat on “Digital Workforces Enabling Intelligent Innovation” focused on robotic process automation.
- Attendees want to understand the risks, understand how to bring on expertise to capitalize on an AI investment, and know when AI technologies are ready for primetime.
- We’re helping clients focus on using AI technologies that allow them to control risk and capture ROI while making the AI journey less disruptive and more fulfilling for management and staff.
If you didn’t attend HIMSS18, or if you did but we didn’t have a chance to meet, please share your questions or ideas around these topics.