One of the nation’s largest healthcare organizations needed to transform its mobile testing strategy. Standard processes were timely and expensive. SDLC’s customized coding coupled with one of the leading mobile testing platforms increased automation coverage by as much as 85%. Multiple platforms, browsers, and operating systems were now able to be tested at the same time, through one system. The result was an 80% reduction in manual mobile testing, increasing efficiency while reducing costs.
The client required a more efficient way to perform mobile application testing. In today’s world, one test case can have as many as 3,200 permutations when all the devices, operating systems, and browsers are considered. With the continued increase in permutations, the healthcare organization faced several physical and environmental variables, which proved to be challenging for the client to test efficiently.
Specific challenges included:
- Reliance on manual testing – each individual device, operating system, and browser must be tested for accuracy
- Standard test processes – did not translate directly to mobile
- Device maintenance – costly to repair device malfunctions
- Cellular voice plans – unnecessary for testing purposes, yet required by carriers
- Cellular data plans and plan contracts – costly, yet necessary to upgrade devices
The client selected SDLC Partners to enhance its mobile testing capabilities. SDLC’s QA team developed a proprietary tool that interacted with one of the leading mobile testing platforms on the web to automate the testing process. Using this tool, SDLC was able to interact with actual mobile devices through customized coding. The enhanced testing process increased efficiency and accuracy by enabling tests to be run on multiple devices simultaneously – independent of the platform and device.
SDLC Partners empowered the client with more efficient mobile software testing from anywhere, on any mobile device, operating system, and browser version through one system at the same time. As a result:
- Manual testing time was decreased by 70 – 80%
- Automation coverage was increased by as much as 85%
- Speed to market was enhanced
- Elimination of ownership costs for multiple devices and maintenance fees