Quantify the Cost Impact of COVID-19 Stress & Anxiety on Your Diabetes and Behavioral Health Populations
SDLC Partners has modeled a Cohort Care Management Value Calculator to estimate the potential effects of stress and anxiety caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specifically, this tool will help you visualize the cost impact of stress and anxiety on two well-established, high-acuity patient populations – diabetes and behavioral health patients.
These projections can inform decision-making about how to pivot your care management programs for better outcomes and efficiencies in the months to come.
Download Cohort Care Management Value Calculator
Complete the form at right and share this page with others on your team or colleagues who interact with diabetes, behavioral health, or care management populations.
Note: This will download directly to your computer.
What are the underlying assumptions that make the Cohort Care Management Value Calculator useful?
- COVID-19 is causing a quicker-than-anticipated surge in the need for Care Management due to increased stress and anxiety and issues related to social determinants of health.
- Identifying the patient populations that are most affected by increased pandemic stress and anxiety, as well as related social determinants of health, will enable you to focus your care management efforts where they are needed most while working to reduce cost through avoidable utilization.
What is included in the Cohort Care Management Value Calculator?
- The calculator is an easy-to-use Excel file. The first tab includes instructions on how to use the calculator.
- Tab 2 will help you assess your diabetic and pre-diabetic populations, focusing on the increased stress and anxiety caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, which is causing an increased conversion rate of pre-diabetic populations developing diabetes. This tab highlights the metrics that demonstrate how that conversion rate, if not mitigated via care management or other support measures, can lead to exponential growth in your diabetic population, as well as avoidable costs from ED visits and inpatient stays.
- Tab 3 will help you assess your populations with behavioral health condition, focusing on the increased stress and anxiety caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, which is causing a higher-than-anticipated surge of patients with new behavioral health conditions, as well as the anticipated spends for that population.